Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Hola!

Hi!

So. This is my blog. I guess a reason for its existence is as good a place to start as any.

I was lying in bed last night, thinking about how I tend to waste so much time on the internet, and why that is. I decided that one of the reasons is that every time I sit down at my computer, there are a number of websites that I HAVE to check out before I can get started with anything else.

It used to be these sites were either forums, news, sport or technology sites. The whole world of blogging never really impacted me - I didn't know many people who had one, nor had I found any that I wanted to read on a regular basis.

But over the past few months that's all changed, and there are now several blogs in my daily 'must visit' list - all which are on my much-loved customised Google homepage/RSS reader. At the same time as my interest in blogs has been increasing, my MSN names have been becoming increasingly 'political'/expressive. So this is a perfect way to combine the two.

Lastly (notice how I'm sticking to my tradition of writing too much!), I've always quite admired the idea of keeping a diary - even though I've never done it. Putting thoughts down on paper - or on screen - is a great way of clarifying one's own thoughts, and I'm hoping this blog will help me achieve inner peace. Kinda.

Content-wise, who knows? Maybe I'll update it regularly, maybe it'll die out in a few days or weeks or months. We'll see how it goes. I might be talking about computer games or Uni or politics or my day or whatever. In a way, this is more about me than my readers. I'm selfish like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home