Monday, January 09, 2006

Eid Mubarak!

Today (Tuesday) is the first day of Eid al-Adha, the three-day Islamic festival marking the end of the Hajj pilgrimage and commemorating the huge sacrifice Prophet Abraham was prepared to make for God.

I only discovered that today was going to be Eid at about 10.30pm on Monday night, such has been the ridiculous extent to which I'm entirely caught up in my studying. I literally had no idea that today was to be the biggest festival in the Islamic Calendar! How sad am I?

To make matters worse, tomorrow after the Eid prayer at the mosque, my whole family is going over to my Auntie’s for a slap up meal and much happiness. Me? I'm heading straight for the library to study.

And I've got my usual exam-time cold.

Life just isn't fair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home