Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Surreal

You know when you’re just going about your daily life as normal, and then something small, but out of the ordinary, happens? The sort of thing that makes you stop for a second and puts a smile on your face? I love those moments.

They can happen for all sorts of reasons… deja vous, coincidences, anything. Well, I remembered one such moment today, and it brought a smile to my face. So I thought I’d share.

A few weeks ago my sister was flying up from London to come home for the weekend, and I was to go and pick her up from the airport. Now, our house is under the flight path out of/in to Glasgow Airport, but the thought that something like this could ever possibly happen had never crossed my mind before.

As is usual for me, I was cutting it pretty fine to get there in time to pick her up. As I closed the back door and turned round to lock it, I heard a plane passing over head. I looked up to see the BA flight my sister was on (it could only be hers; there are no other BA flights at that time of night) pass above my head, just as I was setting out collect her. I think that’s pretty cool!

That brought a real smile to my face. For me, it’s wee moments like this that make life fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

such a nerd
:P

23/3/06 11:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But did she see you?

29/3/06 1:30 pm  
Blogger Atif said...

I did ask her, and surprisingly she said no.

I sulked the rest of the night.

30/3/06 10:45 pm  
Blogger Sofi said...

lol, sweet....i almost fell off my chair when i realised this had been written by a male [suspected]

27/4/07 6:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home