Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Politics Fatigue

Back to uni today - the final countdown. It's weird to think that I'll finally be graduating this year. And getting married. And starting a job. Jeez.

I've been wanting to post some political stuff for the last few days (ala yesterday), but I just don't have the same motivation as when I first started this blog. Partially I think it’s because the blog ‘honeymoon period’ is over – all the juicy topics I wanted to write about have basically been covered (and my opinions/thoughts aren’t developed enough to cover them again), but also I think it’s down to politics fatigue.

It’s like everything in the world is changing, yet it’s the same thing happening every time. Blair and Bush are bad, the terrorists must be stopped, but we must understand why the terrorists do what they do, but they kill innocent people. Two opposing sides, constant debate, little progress. I’m sick and tired of it.

Of course, the situation’s going to get far, far worse before it gets any better. I firmly believe that we haven’t yet seen the tip of the iceberg. There are so many things going on right now that eventually it’ll have to all rise to a crushing crescendo at some point in the future. That will be a truly horrible time.

The many things going on right now include (in no specific order), killing of innocents by terrorists, killing of innocents by governments (i.e. state-sponsored terrorism), unilaterally initiated war, increasing friction between Muslim communities and the Western societies in which they live, hate mongers bent on increasing this hatred, erosion of civil liberties, depletion of fossil fuels, growing international mistrust between East and West, the economic rise of Eastern nations…

…I could go on and on, but I’m guessing most people will have stopped reading by now. I know I would have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home